Structure House Wellspring Baked Oatmeal
Structure House in Durham, North Carolina is a respected residential weight loss program founded upon the philosophy that achieving and maintaining weight loss goals is the result of changing the way overweight individuals think about nutrition, exercise and the role food plays in their lives. This recipe is popular with guests as a hearty breakfast with great “staying power.”
- 2 cups quick oats
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup raisins (or substitute dried cranberries, cherries, or other chopped dried fruit)
- 1 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons Splenda (for baking)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 - 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 2/3 cup no-sugar added applesauce
- 1/4 cup egg whites (approximately 2 small-medium or 1 extra-large)
- Combine oats, brown sugar, raisins, walnuts, Splenda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Combine the milk, applesauce and egg whites. Add to oat mixture.
- Pour mixture into 8 x 8 glass pan coated with nonstick spray and bake at 350º 30-35 minutes or until done.