Spa Style Easy Breakfast Casserole
Take the stress out of entertaining with this great do-ahead dish for your next breakfast or brunch get-together. Our Easy Breakfast Casserole can be made 1-2 hours ahead or even the night before. Also, the recipe can be doubled easily for bigger crowds. Experiment with other vegetables such as sliced mushrooms or chopped tomatoes and/or other fresh herbs.
“Women who have been to Green Mountain at Fox Run, in Ludlow, Vermont, can’t believe the variety of great-tasting food they are served to help them on their way to healthy weight management. But they do know one thing – and it’s that when they go home, they want to be able to prepare and enjoy the same great-tasting food!” — Green Mountain at Fox Run
- 2 cups crusty white bread, cubed
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 11/2 cups fat free (skim) milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions (use both green and white parts)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons diced roasted red bell pepper
- 2 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- Pepper to taste
- Grease 8x8 inch baking dish. If doubling, use a 9x12 inch dish.
- Arrange bread cubes on the bottom of dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Mix together eggs, milk, scallions, salt and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour mixture over bread and cheese.
- Sprinkle with red pepper, bacon and basil. Season with pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or over night.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Bake 50-60 minutes until top is golden and eggs are set.
- Cut in four squares and serve.