Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie
This diabetic friendly recipe was submitted as a holiday dessert. As an occasional recipe, it is quite tasty, albeit we normally don’t use so many artificially sweetened products in one recipe. If you don’t have an issue with sucralose based products, you’ll enjoy this recipe, as we did.
- Pie Crust of your choice
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoons cold, fat-free half and half
- 1 tablespoons pourable Splenda (or equivalent in packets)
- 1 1/2 cups thawed sugar free or fat free Cool Whip
- 2 four-serving size boxes sugar free vanilla instant pudding
- 1 16 oz. can plain pumpkin
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- Mix cream cheese, 1 tablespoons half & half and Splenda with a wire whisk until smooth and creamy. Gently stir in Cool Whip. Spread on bottom of pie crust.
- Cover and place in freezer long enough to make the pudding layer.
- Pour 1 cup half & half into mixing bowl; add pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk until well blended, 1 to 2 minutes. Let stand 3 minutes. Stir in pumpkin and spices; mix well.
- Remove pie from freezer and spread pudding layer over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with additional whipped cream and nuts, as desired.