Grilled Prawn Salad with Avocado Aioli
Prawns are similar to shrimp but are a bit larger in size. If you can’t find prawns at your local grocery store or fish market, you can use fresh or frozen jumbo shrimp. This Grilled Prawn Salad provides plenty of potassium, folate and heart-healthy fats. It makes for a delicious light lunch. The Avocado Aioli is also a wonderful dip for appetizers or to use in place of salad dressing, or, as a topping for some of our light taco recipes.
- 8 large fresh prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 4 slices (2 ounces) lean turkey bacon
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
- 4 tablespoons Avocado Aioli
- Season the prawns with the oil and garlic. Cover and refrigerate for at least one [url:2]Recipe[/uhour.
- Heat a grill or nonstick skillet to medium high. Cook the bacon until crisp. Drain on a paper towel.
- Grill or saute the prawns for about one minute on each side, until pink. Drain on a paper towel until cool enough to handle and cut in half lengthwise.
- Layer the greens with the prawns, bacon and sliced tomatoes.
- Top each salad with a two-tablespoon dollop of Avocado Aioli.
Cholesterol: 79 milligrams, Fiber: 3 grams, Sodium: 200 milligrams
From “The Biggest Loser: 6 Weeks to a Healthier You” by The Biggest Loser Experts and Cast. Copyright © 2010 by Universal Studios Licensing LLLP, The Biggest Loser™ and NBC Studios, Inc., and Reveille LLC. Reprinted by permission of Rodale, Inc., Emmaus, PA 18098.