Roasted Garbanzo Beans
Roasted Garbanzo Beans are easy to make and really tasty. This version is from Canyon Ranch Spa and is a popular substitute for high-fat nuts at parties and a nutritious solution for both brown bag lunches and after-school snacks. In fact, they are so simple to prepare that even young children can do it with just a little supervision. And, of course, if the kids make them they are much more likely to want to eat them.
- Serves: 12
- Serving size: 1/4 cup
- Cal: 227
- Fat (g): 4
- Carbs (g): 46
- Sodium (mg): 18
- Protein (g): 15
- 32 ounces canned garbanzo beans, drained
- onion and/or garlic powder to taste
- Fresh chopped herbs
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the drained beans in a single layer on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Sprinkle them lightly with olive oil, onion or garlic powder, or a combination of both.
- Customize these beans with additional seasonings to your liking, including chopped herbs.
- Roast for 50 to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the beans are lightly browned and crisp.
- Store in a tightly covered container.
Did You Know?
Garbanzo beans also go by the names chickpeas and ceci. They are a pale goldish beige in color, almost round, firm-textured, and have a mild, nutlike flavor. They are most often used in African, Asian, Middle Eastern, and Italian cuisines.