Pritikin Lush Berry Pie
Would you eat a cheeseburger for dessert? Well, that burger has roughly the same amount of artery-clogging saturated fats as regular slice of cherry or berry pie from a bakery. Try this beautiful and tangy Pritikin Lush Berry Pie instead, and enjoy zero saturated fat but lots of lip-smacking flavor.
- 2 cups corn flakes, no sugar, no salt added*
- 4 cups frozen mixed berries, no sugar added, thawed
- 2 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate thawed, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved into 6 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In food processor, grind corn flakes until they are the size of peppercorns.
- Lightly spray bottom of pie baking pan (8 inches in diameter) with Pam. To make crust, press corn flakes into bottom of pan.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Fill pie pan with cherry mixture, and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Cool to serve with a Fat Free topping, or, serve warm
The Pritikin Program promotes weight loss but also enhances health, and powerfully so. A stay at our all-inclusive weight loss resort, Pritikin Longevity Center in Florida, will change your life. Lose weight, get fit and return home with the tools needed to live a healthier life.