Honey and Sage Baked Peaches with Pistachios and Blue Cheese
This dish really is perfect for breakfast, as a salad, or as a dessert. Honey and Sage Baked Peaches with Pistachios and Blue Cheese is courtesy of Red Mountain Spa. This light dish is sweet, savory, and tangy, and so easy to pull together. Enjoy it with fresh peaches during the summer, but you can also used frozen if that’s what you have.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 pounds ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 bunch of sage, tied in a cheesecloth sachet
- 1/2 cup pistachios toasted and ground
- 4 ounces of crumbled blue cheese
- Sage Flowers for Garnish
- Heat the canola oil and sage and sauté peaches to warm through.
- Add honey and stir to coat the peaches, being careful no to break up the fruit.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and oven roast the peaches, covered for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the warm peaches to a serving platter, discarding the sage.
- Arrange and distribute the blue cheese over the peaches, leaving some fruit showing.
- Run under the broiler briefly to melt the cheese.
- Sprinkle with ground pistachios.
- Garnish with sage flowers or leaves.