Homemade Chai Tea
Enjoy the exotic flavor of Chai Tea without leaving the comfort of your own home with this easy recipe courtesy of Splenda.┬á Once you’ve had Chai Tea brewed from your own tea with added spices, you’ll understand why the popular boxed concentrates just won’t do.
- 3 slices peeled fresh ginger
- 3 (1 gram) packets SPLENDA┬« No Calorie Sweetener
- 12 black peppercorns
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 (3 inch) cinnamon stick
- 2 cups water
- 2 Darjeeling tea bags
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Add teabags, cover and steep 5 minutes. Remove spices and tea bags with a slotted spoon and discard.
- Add milk and cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Do not boil.
- Serve immediately.