Homemade Chai Tea
Enjoy the exotic flavor of Chai Tea without leaving the comfort of your own home with this easy recipe courtesy of Splenda. Once you’ve had Chai Tea brewed from your own tea with added spices, you’ll understand why the popular boxed concentrates just won’t do.
- 3 slices peeled fresh ginger
- 3 (1 gram) packets SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener
- 12 black peppercorns
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 (3 inch) cinnamon stick
- 2 cups water
- 2 Darjeeling tea bags
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Add teabags, cover and steep 5 minutes. Remove spices and tea bags with a slotted spoon and discard.
- Add milk and cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Do not boil.
- Serve immediately.