Grilled Pineapple Skewers with Raspberry Sauce
This recipe for Grilled Pineapple is the best summer dessert when you are cooking outside. No fancy ingredients, quick and easy, and a great ending to a grilled chicken and vegetable meal. Grill the pineapple with your entrees, and then let them cool while you enjoy your dinner. Once cooled, the grilled fruit is topped with sauce. Delicious!
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large pineapple cleaned and trimmed
- Mint Leaves
- In a sauce pot, add all ingredients except pineapple.
- On a low flame, slowly simmer the berries until they have thawed.
- Add the berry mixture from the pot into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Let cool (you can use this as a sauce or syrup on desserts, pancakes, waffles, and pancakes).
- Clean and trim one pineapple.
- Cut into length so you get 8 strips of pineapple then cut the core out of each of the strips.
- Grill the pineapple on medium heat so there are grill marks on each side of the pineapple.
- Let cool for about an hour then skewer the pineapple.
- Plate pineapple and drizzle raspberry sauce over each of the skewers.
- Garnish with slivered mint.