Low Fat Oven-Baked Blackened Tilapia
This recipe for Blackened Tilapia is very simple — you’ll just need fresh fish from the market and a bit of your favorite cajun seasoning and dinner is on the table in under 30 minutes. It’s more of a method than a recipe. Start in a skillet to get that crusty exterior, and finish in an oven to avoid having to saute in too much fat.
Structure House in Durham, North Carolina is a respected residential weight loss program founded upon the philosophy that achieving and maintaining weight loss goals is the result of changing the way overweight individuals think about nutrition, exercise and the role food plays in their lives. Since 1977, Structure House has helped many thousands of participants from many nations battle obesity. The program has been featured in a wide range of media outlets, including The Today Show, The New York Times, 60 Minutes, Glamour magazine, the Wall Street Journal, CNN, FOX & Friends and USA TODAY.
- 4 tilapia fillets, 6-ounces each
- 2 teaspoons Louisiana Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425º
- Spray baking sheet lightly with cooking spray
- Coat each fish fillet with 1/2 teaspoon of seasoning
- Heat a saute plan with olive oil over medium to high heat
- Add fish to the hot pan and saute each piece for 4 minutes
- Saute separately if need be and don't overcrowd the pan -- you don't want them to steam!
- Transfer the fish to an oven safe casserole dish and bake for 6-8 minutes
- Serve immediately