Strawberry Oatmeal Face Scrub
Oatmeal and strawberries have anti-inflammatory properties which makes this treatment great for those who have sensitive, dry, itching as well as irritated skin. This Strawberry Oatmeal Face Scrub is an excellent treatment to help soften your skin as well. Strawberries can help to reduce bags and puffiness, oatmeal is a great exfoliating agent that helps to slough off dead skin that can cause dryness, and milk softens.
- 1/3 cup of oatmeal (rolled)
- 1/3 cup of chopped strawberries
- 1/3 cup of water or milk
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until combined.
- Cleanse your skin as normal.
- Apply scrub after cleansing, using a circular motion, and avoiding the eyes.
- Leave on a minute or two, rinse with cold water, tone and moisturize.
Strawberries out of season? Grab a handful from your freezer bag of frozen berries. Just make sure they are not packed in sugar or syrup. You can also add honey if you have acne prone skin to help fight the bacteria that causes breakouts. Also if you have acne prone skin be gentle while applying and rinse with warm to tepid water. Rolled oats are preferred -- steel cut have sharp edges and can be too tough on your skin.