Heartland Spa Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
Heartland Health Spa is located just 90 miles south of Chicago, in Gilman, Illinois. Once a busy dairy farm this destination health spa stays true to its roots by providing a welcoming, unpretentious, and nurturing environment for guests to relax, unplug and focus on lifestyle goals. Chef Barb Peters and its registered dietitians are committed to providing you with a maximum level of nutrition, presented in delicious and satisfying ways. The Heartland Spa Recipe Collection is available for purchase. Here is one of the popular recipes for Peanut Butter Banana Muffins, from the collection.
- 1-3/4 cups flour, all-purpose
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bananas, whole
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray muffin tins lightly with cooking spray.
- Stir first four ingredients in small bowl until blended.
- Using electric mixer, beat bananas, honey, peanut butter, eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla in medium bowl to blend.
- Beat in flour mixture.
- Divide batter among muffin tins.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes.
- Transfer muffins to rack to cool.
Photo courtesy of Sura Nualpradid, Free Digital Photos .net