Whole Wheat Banana Muffins
These low-fat Whole Wheat Banana Muffins are served with breakfast at Movara Fitness Resort in Utah, but don’t restrict them to the mornings. Take a muffin your bagged lunch or pack it for a road trip.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup skim milk with 1 tbsp lemon juice to sour it (to create a buttermilk flavor) or 1/4 cup light soy milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium ripe bananas pureed until smooth
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Combine all ingredients and mix together (do not over mix).
- Pour into muffin tins coated with cooking spray or lined with paper liners until 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Enjoy!
About Movara Fitness Resort
Movara is an all-inclusive fitness and weight loss resort in the beautiful high desert of Utah, near Snow Canyon State Park. Guest participate in swimming, hiking, fitness, personal training, and receive expert life counseling, nutritional guidance, and more. Movara’s recipes are developed by Executive Chef Sam Baker, who hand-crafts and prepares delicious and nutritious meals for Movara guests, and a team of dietitians, nutritionists, and other experts in the fitness world.