Low Fat Cucumber Spread
This tasty, tangy cucumber spread is wonderful with fresh vegetables or between very thinly sliced bread for tea sandwiches. For one of our personal favorite, spread it on a thin toasted bagel slice, “bagel thin” or bagel chip with smoked salmon (lox) and dill on top, with a squirt of lemon.
- 1 cup of Yogurt Cheese (see below)
- 1/2 cups sour milk or buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cucumber
- Drain a tub of high quality Greek Yogurt overnight until it is as thick as cream cheese. Leave plain for regular Yogurt Cheese, or, customize with herbs and spices, a dab or jelly or jam, or dried fruits. This thick, spreadable yogurt-cheese is a high protein low fat replacement for cream cheese.
- Combine all ingredients except cucumber, mixing until well-blended.
- Add chopped cucumber.
- Chill for several hours.