Kathy’s Peppermint Lip Scrub
Chapped lips are no fun, and the drier they become, the more you want to chew on them, worsening the problem. This handy peppermint lip scrub will help fix your chapped lips in a hurry, and was submitted by one of our readers.
“I used to have a pot of mint lip scrub which I absolutely adored. it was really good for my lips and I soon ran out. The scrub was made of sugar so I reckoned I could probably make it again myself at home, and this is what I came up with.” — Kathy S.
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- Peppermint oil
- Almond Oil/Vitamin E oil*
- Glass Ramekin (for mixing)
- Lip Balm Pot
- *Optional: Substitute any COOKING oil you like the taste of
- Pour the sugar into the ramekin and then add the oils depending how you want the consistency of the lip scrub.
- Kathy used about a quarter of a teaspoon of each oil as she likes to add the liquid so there is enough flavor and enough liquid for it to hold together, but not so the solution is runny
- Add to lip balm pot
- To use the scrub, dab a small amount onto lips and rub together to gently exfoliate.
- You can then lick off the scrub or wipe off with a cloth.
Originally published by SpaIndex.com and SpaFlyer.com in 2005; Updated in 2013