Healthy Breakfast Casserole
Vita Vie Retreat is a wonderful Boot Camp Fitness and Wellness program in Delray Beach, Florida. Here, they share a recipe for a Healthy Breakfast Casserole. “I like to make this casserole not only because it tastes really good but also because it’s really convenient in the mornings. This feeds 2 of us for 3 mornings. I usually make 2 casseroles each week and mix up the veggies that I include in each way. Great way to get protein, fat and veggies all in one breakfast!”
- 1 package organic Deli Slow-Cooked Ham or Applegate Black Forest Ham
- 12 eggs (omega 3 – farm raised pastured)
- 6 tablespoons half and half (organic)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 – 4 slices Organic New York Aged Cheddar or cheese of your choice
- 3 large Swiss chard leaves
- 1/2 yellow or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Chop Swiss chard, bell pepper & onion.
- Mix eggs, salt & pepper & cream (feel free to add any additional spices you’d like)
- Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with the ham slices.
- Pour in egg mixture. Add in vegetables.
- Bake for approximately 30 mins.
- Remove from oven and add cheese slices to top of casserole.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes before consuming or cover and store in refrigerator.
About Vita Vie Retreat
One of the country’s first boot camp retreats, Vita Vie Retreat (formerly Bella Vita Retreat) in Delray Beach, Florida, has been inspiring and motivating people from all over the world to lose weight, regain energy and live a happy, healthier lifestyle with our weight loss retreat and fitness vacation since 2004.