French Canadian Spring Pea Soup
Nothing tastes more like a Spring Garden than a bowl of this Spring Pea Soup with a vegetable sandwich and a light smoothie. It works well as both a warming bowl in colder months, but it’s also the perfect entree for a “Ladies’ Spa Lunch” in the Spring.
- 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small head leaf lettuce, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté peas, potato and lettuce in oil for 5 min.
- Add stock and bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer till tender, 20 min.
- Puree till very smooth and season with sea salt and pepper if needed.