Sugaring Hair Removal
Ditch the razor and treat your legs to a home sugaring treatment which uses honey, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, and clean cotton strips to strip away unwanted hair.
DIY Sugaring Hair Removal
Courtesy of: SpaIndex.com | Spa Lifestyle Daily
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- clean cloth cotton strips
- wooden stick or spreader
- Dust the area to be waxed, with cornstarch.
- Combine the first three ingredients in a clean glass bowl, and microwave for two minutes. Stop and stir your sugar mixture every 20-30 seconds.
- Let sugar mixture cool to a comfortable warmth, and, using a wooden stick, spread a very thin layer onto your clean skin.
- Immediately cover the mixture with a strip of cotton fabric.
- Briskly stroke the strip several times in the direction of the hair growth, and then, pull the skin taut, and quickly rip away the cotton strip, against the direction of hair growth.
- As you proceed, you may need to reheat your sugar mixture in the microwave to keep it warm. Do not boil it or overheat as you could easily burn your skin.