Chamomile and Lemongrass Hair Rinse
This rinse, created by musician Moby and his partner Kelly Tisdale, proprietors of Teany on the Lower East Side of New York City, is recommended as an alternative to washing the hair when you don’t want it to frizz, but you do want it refreshed. The chamomile will add shine to the hair, while the essential oils in the lemongrass will coat and protect the hair. You can add fragrant essential oils if you want a more intense scent for your hair, but we prefer the aroma of the teas, on their own.
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons loose chamomile tea
- 2 tablespoons loose lemongrass tea
- Optional: essential oil fragrance
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium sized pot, then turn the burner to the lowest setting.
- Add teas and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool, with cover on, to room temperature.
- Strain, reserving liquid and discarding tea.
- If adding essential oils, do so now.
- Pour into a spray bottle (use a funnel) and store in the fridge until use.
©Teany Cafe New York and Teany Book, by Moby and Kelly Tisdale