Creamy Kiwi Salad Dressing
This Creamy Kiwi Salad Dressing can be used on salads of all types, or as a sauce on cold fish, poultry, or meat. Also, by substituting white wine or pineapple juice for the rice vinegar called for, it can be served as a dessert or a chilled fruit soup. The exotic sweet-tart flavor of the kiwi works equally well in both sweet and savory dishes, making it an exceedingly versatile ingredient.
- 3 kiwi fruit, peeled and finely diced (9 ounces or 1 cup diced)
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate, tightly covered,
- until cold.
- Serve well chilled.