Apple Walnut Bread Pudding
This Red Mountain Spa recipe for Apple Walnut Bread Pudding is a perfect dessert for cool weather and holidays. Try it with this recipe for Mascarpone Sorbet.
- 1 vanilla bean, split, with seeds scraped and reserved
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 lb. whole wheat bread, cubed
- 1/2 apple, peeled, sliced
- 1 oz walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Pinch cinnamon
- 3 oz. water
- 3 oz. sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Warm milk with vanilla bean and brown sugar to dissolve the sugar.
- Beat eggs with salt and pepper.
- Add bread, apples and apple pie spice to egg and milk mixture.
- Pour into a baking pan and bake (preferably in a water bath) for 30 minutes at 325° degrees.
- Make Caramel Sauce by combining water, sugar and corn syrup. Cook to a light caramel. Cautiously add cream, stirring to blend. Stir in butter. Cool.
- Drizzle over pudding and serve.
Whether your goal is weight loss, improved athletic performance, stress relief, increased energy or simply trying something new, Red Mountain Resort offers an extensive range of enjoyable yet highly effective programs, fitness classes and workshops for all ages and abilities. Our fitness professionals can also create a customized program that assesses and addresses your specific needs.