Light Zucchini Pea Soup
Zucchini Soups and Pea Soups are usually fat-added creamy affairs, with fatty meats, but this version served at New Life Hiking Spa in Vermont takes a new approach, using savory ingredients for a broth based, light and nourishing version. Serve unblended if you like, or if you prefer a thick version, use your blender to make a smoother, heartier version. Easy to tote to work and school for a hydrating, comforting cool-weather meal.
- 5 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1-2 cups fresh peas, or 1 pkg. frozen peas
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 6-8 cups water
- Oil from spritzer
- Heat oil in a large pot. Add onions, carrots, and celery. Saute until slightly tender.
- Add all other ingredients, cook on moderate heat (but do not allow to boil) until carrots are fully tender, about 20-30 minutes.
- Put soup in a blender, puree until not quite smooth. Longer pureeing will make a finer soup, but it should have some texture.
- Serve hot.
About New Life Hiking Spa:
Founded in 1978, and now celebrating 40 years of wellness hospitality, New Life Hiking Spa has been a pioneer in the destination spa industry and is nationally recognized as an affordable fitness and wellness destination. It offers seasonal hiking and weight-loss retreats in the Green Mountains of Vermont. All-inclusive stays include hiking, fitness, yoga, massage, accommodations, meals, and more.