Green Valley Zucchini Leek Soup
In our office, we affectionately call this Zucchini Leek Soup “Severe Soup.” We fix this when we need to detox, feel virtuous, and pay for any overeating or drinking sins.
Green Valley Leek Soup
The Body Code by Green Valley Spa, St. George, Utah
Courtesy of: Green Valley Spa, St. George, Utah
- 1 leek, cleaned and sliced
- 1 cup of celery, sliced
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tablespoons Jensen's Protein Seasoning
- 1 zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 cup string beans, cut into small pieces
- In a large pot, bring leeks, celery, water and seasoning to a boil
- Turn down heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes
- Add zucchini and beans, cover the pot, and turn OFF heat.
- Let stand for 15 minutes. Serve.
Jensen's protein seasoning is a low-sodium, dry soy seasoning by Bernard Jensen, meant for seasoning and for making broth, available at Health Food Stores and online. You can substitute Bragg Liquid Aminos All Purpose Seasoning From Soy Protein, if you have that available.
By the Numbers
Serving size: 4 oz | Cal: 18 | Fat (g): 0.1 | Carbs (g): 4 | Sodium (mg): 121 | Fiber (g): 1 | Protein (g): 0.5