Serve this delicious, low-carb and low-fat version of “Fried Zucchini” with your favorite burger or sandwich. Here, it is served with lite Sour Cream. This will surely become a family favorite in your home just as it is in ours.
- 2 medium-sized zucchini, cut into thirds and wedged
- ½ cup ground almond meal (or ½ cup finely ground Parmesan cheese)
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Italian or herb seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Mix the dry seasoning together and put in a bowl.
- Dip the zucchini wedges in the egg whites, then into the seasoning.
- Place seasoned zucchini on a baking tray and bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes or so until the outside is browned.
Paula Hendricks is a Certified Nutritionist with Hendricks for Health, a bariatric health center in Sacramento, California.