Yogurt and Zinfandel Parfait with Toasted Almonds
This healthy recipe was created by the Green Mountain at Fox Run culinary team especially for SpaIndex.com for the benefit of our vinotherapy and wine enthusiasts. For an especially rich and satisfying dessert, we prepare it with our Fage Non-Fat Greek Yogurt.
- 2 tablespoons zinfandel wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 8 ounces plain or vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 6 Red Grapes
- Heat wine in small saucepan over low heat until reduced by half (to 1 tablespoon).
- Add this wine reduction to the honey and make a syrup.
- Divide yogurt between two parfait glasses. Gently fold the wine and honey syrup into the yogurt, creating a streaked effect in each serving, or, layer honey wine syrup between dollops of yogurt.
- Garnish the top with slivered toasted almonds and grapes cut lengthwise, fruit, and whipped non-fat or low fat topping.