Vegan Mousse Au Chocolat
This rich and delicious Vegan chocolate mousse is from Camp Biche, Lot, Southwest France, a week-long house party where you get fit, lose weight, eat delicious vegan food, drink wine, and have fun. Camp Biche is designed to help you lose inches in the most pleasant way possible and to fine-tune your eating and exercising habits so that when you return home, you’ll effortlessly incorporate movement and healthy eating into your daily routine.
- 1 cup or 175 grams of semisweet vegan chocolate
- 12 ounces or 340 grams of soft, silken tofu
- 1/2 cup non dairy soy OR almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- plain soy yogurt
- agave nectar
- vanilla extract.
- Break up the chocolate into small pieces, and in a double boiler, melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, drain the tofu well and then blend well in a food processor.
- Add the soy or almond milk and the vanilla, and blend, stopping to scrape down the sides until there are absolutely no lumps.
- Add the melted chocolate to the mixture and process until creamy, no lumps, scraping down the sides several times and re-mixing.
- For Camp Biche servings, get small glass containers, small champagne glasses work well, and divide into six portions.
- Cover, and refrigerate for two hours. These are great 24 hours later if you want to make ahead.
- Serve with berries, and/or top with plain soy yogurt with a little bit of agave nectar and tiny bit of vanilla whisked together.