Turkey Sage Walnut Salad Sandwich
This is a terrific recipe to use left over turkey from your holiday roast. High in protein from both the poultry and the Greek Yogurt, and full of flavor. The bites of cranberry add a sweet and tart flavor, but you can substitute raisins if you prefer them. The walnuts add a nice crunch.
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light, heart-healthy mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked, diced turkey (or substitute chicken)
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup Sunmaid dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped apple
- 2 tablespoons toasted, chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- Whole wheat pita bread
- Sweet Pickle Gherkins
- In a medium bowl, whisk the yogurt and mayonnaise together with the salt and pepper.
- Add the turkey, shallot, celery, cranberries, apples, walnuts and sage.
- Serve as a salad on lettuce leaves or in whole wheat pita bread with sweet pickles.