Gentle Thyme Fennel Cleanser
Fennel has been used throughout history as an aid to digestion or as a slight diuretic. As an infusion, fennel seeds can be gently cleansing and toning for the skin, and they can help reduce puffiness and superficial irritation. Thyme, which is used in antiseptic preparations, is a good astringent.
This Thyme Fennel Seed Cleanser is very gentle, and can be used each morning. Dab it on your face and neck with a cotton ball, and rinse.
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, crumbled (or 1/2 tablespoon dried Thyme)
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Juice of Half Lemon
- Mix the thyme and fennel seed in a bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Add lemon juice and steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain the infusion and store the liquid in a jar, in the refrigerator.