Sweet and Spicy Wings | Movara Fitness Resort
If you are an Hot Wings fan, you will love this healthier version with a savory sweete and spicy glaze, courtesy of the Executive Chef Sam Baker of Movara Fitness Resort in Utah. These Sweet and Spicy Wings are just 88 calories each and great for Super Bowl parties, picnics, pool-side snacks, or even to tote to work for lunch — they reheat well. Sign up for the Movara Newsletter to enjoy tasty and nutritious recipes every month.
- 8 chicken wings, skin removed
- 1 - 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion powder
- 6 oz. Frank's Buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch + 2 tablespoons water
- Combine marinade ingredients thoroughly in a bowl.
- Add wings and toss to coat.
- Marinate for 1 hour.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a simmer.
- Combine water and cornstarch together and add to sauce.
- Return to a simmer and then keep warm.
- Grill the marinated chicken wings (or broil) to desired doneness.
- Toss in a bowl of the wing sauce and serve.
About Movara Fitness Resort
Movara is an all-inclusive fitness and weight loss resort in the beautiful high desert of Utah, near Snow Canyon State Park. Guest participate in swimming, hiking, fitness, personal training, and receive expert life counseling, nutritional guidance, and more. Movara’s recipes are developed by Executive Chef Sam Baker, who hand-crafts and prepares delicious and nutritious meals for Movara guests, and a team of dietitians, nutritionists, and other experts in the fitness world.