Vermont Spa Style Baked Sweet Potatoes
Vermont Spa Baked Sweet Potatoes spotlight wonderful ingredients from Vermont, but can easily be made wherever you are from, as well. New Life Hiking Spa advocates a respect for the nutritional value of food as well as it origin, seasonality, availability and freshness. Whenever possible, it serves food that is raised locally, using sustainable techniques by farmers and purveyors who have a respect and love of the land on which we live.
The dining at New Life Hiking Spa in Vermont is energy-packed, low calorie gourmet cuisine that is deliciously prepared and will help eliminate toxins and impurities from your system and help you lose weight. New Life offers cooking classes, nutrition and wellness workshops and individual counseling as well as an on-line cookbook, the New Life Diet.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and large-cubed
- 1 cup unsweetened fruit juice
- 1/4 cup Vermont maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon tamari
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place large cubes of sweet potatoes in 8 cups boiling water and simmer 5 minutes.
- In a large baking dish, stir together juice, syrup, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom and tamari.
- Drain potatoes and add to baking dish, coating with the juice mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour, stirring every fifteen minutes until potatoes are tender and juice has thickened.