Spa Party Revitalizing Cocktail for Ten
This spa party cocktail for ten is courtesy of Cal a Vie Health Spa in California. It mimics a spicy Bloody Mary without the alcohol. Consider serving it in Bloody Mary tumblers with skewers of fresh vegetables and a green olive for each guest.
Cal A Vie is an exquisite oasis sheltered from the rush and competition of daily life, tucked away in a serene French village in northern San Diego County, on 200 private acres. Be inspired to make positive changes in attitude and lifestyle in an environment of peace and beauty as you enjoy energizing fitness classes, bring your life into focus with mind-body balancing, luxuriate in spa therapies, dine on mouthwatering cuisine and relax in one of 26 luxuriously-appointed, Mediterranean-style villas.
- 1 48-ounce bottle of low-sodium tomato juice cocktail
- 3 cups filtered water
- 2 cups assorted sliced vegetables (roots, onions, green and red bell peppers, etc.*)
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed hot red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- *Avoid cabbage family vegetables as they impart a strong flavor
- In a large nonreactive saucepan, combine tomato juice, water, vegetables, and herbs.
- Bring to a boil over moderate heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Transfer to a strainer set over a bowl, pressing firmly with a wooden spoon to extract all the juices, or process through a food mill. Discard pulp.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Freezes beautifully in 1 cup measures.