Belly Soothing Mask and Belly Cast
Day spa owner and new mom Stacy Denney knows how to make any expectant mother feel beautiful and relaxed with nine months’ worth of revitalizing treatments designed to inspire well-being.
Spa Mama presents facials for hormonally challenged skin, massages to ease all those new aches and pains, reflexology to fight morning sickness, healthy snacks for eating for two, and gentle prenatal yoga.
There are even tips for looking good in those less-than-flattering post-delivery mother-and-child hospital snapshots. Witty and wise commentary throughout brings much-needed humor to those panic-filled Will I ever see my toes again? moments, while stylish illustrations demonstrate that a bump is the ultimate fashion accessory.
A relaxed mommy makes for a healthy, happy baby. Spa Mama leads the way.
- Disposable Drop Cloth
- 3-4 rolls of fast setting plaster tape (medical supply stores) (4 inches wide and 5 yards long)
- Olive Oil
- A Helper
- Cover the floor with drop cloth.
- Cut rolls of plaster tape into 18 inch lengths.
- Fill a basin with warm water.
- Wear a pair of panties which you don't mind discarding.
- Sit on the edge of a chair to create a slanted angle between your thighs and torso.
- Generously slather your upper body with olive oil, including your shoulders, tops of your thighs, and around the sides of your torso.
- Have your helper hold a strip of plaster tape at each end and slide it through the water for just a few seconds.
- Hold the strip taut, and firmly smooth it over the belly.
- Repeat, and slightly overlap the first strip.
- Once you have a few strips in place, use your fingers to smooth this first layer of plaster.
- Continue this process until you have 2 layers of plaster strips on your entire torso.
- Be certain to cover the tops of your thighs and the breasts to help define the shape of your belly.
- minutes after completing the last layer, hold the sides of the belly cast as you carefully wiggle out of it.
- Shower or bathe to remove any residue, plus the olive oil.
- Handle this cast with care until it has completely dried (48 hours).
- Cut the edges and any excess to your liking.
- 1/4 cup Avocado
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 5 drops of chamomile essential oil
- Mash to avocado and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Add extra juice of the mixture if it is too thick to spread.
- Spread the mask over belly and leave it on for at least 30 minutes before using a warm washcloth to rinse it off.
Photo credit: “9 Months” courtesy of Ben Earwicker