Make Your Own Hairspray
Making your own hairspray is a cinch if you’ve got the talent for boiling water, and, your sugar bowl is at hand. This recipe is particularly useful for people with skin sensitivities who would normally breakout from the sometimes harsh chemicals in over the counter hairsprays.
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons rubbing alcohol
- 5 drops essential oil
- Bring tap water to a full rolling boil, and remove from the heat.
- Stir in granulated sugar until dissolved; stir in rubbing alcohol.
- If desired, add up to 5 drops of pure essential oil in the scent of your choice.
- Allow to cool completely, and add to a clean spray bottle which has a very fine mister, to assure even, light distribution.
- To use, shake bottle to assure even distribution of the oil (if used), and spray lightly over dry, styled hair.
- Allow to dry completely (a matter of moments) before adding a second application, if needed.