Spa Bleu Cheese Sauce
This is a great recipe for chicken, casseroles, and roasted vegetables. We extracted this from our Roasted Fennel recipe.
- 4-6 oz low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 oz Roquefort cheese
- Ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon safflower oil
- 1 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth
- Press the cottage cheese through a fine sieve into a bowl, and crumble the Roquefort cheese into the same bowl. Add ground black pepper, and beat together well. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, blend the cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of milk until mixed and smooth. Add the remaining milk, and cook over medium heat whisking continuously, until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the vermouth and the cheese mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Reduce heat, and return the pan to the heat, stirring continuously until thickened to your liking.