Shrimp and Asparagus over Brown Rice Pasta
This gluten free Shrimp and Asparagus pasta entree is one of the delicious clean-eating recipes developed by Vita Vie Retreat in Delray Beach, Florida.
Shrimp with Asparagus, Tomato, Mushrooms, Onion & Brown Rice Pasta
Courtesy of: Vita Vie Retreat, Delray Beach, Florida
- 3/4 pound Shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces Brown Rice Pasta
- 2-3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 bunch Asparagus (use only tips)
- 1 Mushroom Mix (baby bella, shiitake, white - or your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon each: oregano, thyme, basil, salt, pepper
- Fresh Parmesan for Garnish
- Boil water and add brown rice pasta. Cook to your desired tenderness.
- In a deep skillet, sauté garlic in olive oil (do not brown). Add onions and mushrooms and continue to sauté until tender.
- Add asparagus and tomato to skillet, season with salt, pepper, oregano, basil and thyme. Saute lightly until asparagus tips are nearly cooked.
- Finally, add shrimp and cook until opaque.
- To serve, top pasta with shrimp and veggie mix. Garnish with fresh Parmesan
This is a Gluten-Free recipe owing to the rice pasta, but you may substitute whole wheat pasta if you prefer it. If you have a Veggie Noodle maker, you can skip the pasta all together and serve this tasty dish over zucchini curls.