Sea Kelp Mineral Facial and Mineral Bath
BC KELP is a small family business operating in British Columbia which produces this premium quality sea product. Kelp is wonderful “skin food” and this bath soak is a great way to feed your skin.
Bladderwrack is also found on British Columbia’s rocky shores, and thrives as little buoys which float the plant in an upright position, surrounded by tidal water, enabling the plant to absorb the most nutrition and sunlight. Bladderwrack can almost be considered a complete food source, because it contains protein and essential fatty acids, as well as many minerals, especially Iodine, Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium and Vitamins A, B, C, D and E.
BC Kelp selectively hand harvests small batches of its kelp, which are naturally ocean rinsed. The harvest is carried out in a manner which respects the sensitive and complex nature of the kelp beds. Only a small percentage (less than 10%) is harvested throughout the annual harvesting season.
Seaweed Bladderwrack Flakes are natural, mineral rich and also contains vitamins which will absorb through skin. The seaweed flakes turn to gel which is released by gently squeezing pouch as it soaks — you’ll breath in a fresh ocean smell (not fishy!).
- 3 tablespoons Seaweed Bladderwrack Flakes
- 1 cotton or muslin pouch
- Place Seaweed Bladderwrack Flakes in a cotton scarf, muslin bag, or cut off old pantyhose / nylon (doubled);
- Tie well with string (loose seaweed flakes may clog drain);
- Toss in hot bath water;
- As you bath, the flakes will form a gel. Gently squeeze the pouch while bathing and press the gel soaked pouch against your body and your face, avoiding the eyes in the case of sensitivities. Massage the seaweed gel on your body and on your face, and leave it on face for the duration of your bath.
- Lean back and relax -- Seaweed Minerals and Vitamins are nourishing your skin and soothing your sore joints and muscles.