Sanivan Summer Miso Soup
This summer Miso Soup recipe is popular with the guests of Sanivan Holistic Retreat, a relaxing bed and breakfast retreat amid the beautiful surroundings of the Catskill Mountains in New York, where guests relax, learn to cook healthy meals, practice yoga, and explore the Catskills.
- 8 cups of water
- 4 sheets of kombu sea vegetable
- 8 tablespoons of organic miso soybean paste
- 1 whole organic tofu, firm
- 3 medium size carrots
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 whole bunches of scallions
- 1 teaspoon of fresh/or powder turmeric
- 1 tsp. of fresh ginger
- ½ cup of dill
- 3 Tbsp. of lemon juice
- Boil 8 cups of water with 4 sheets of Kombu Sea Vegetable, reduce to simmer. 5 minutes later, take out the Kombu sheets, and slice them into ½ inch squares and return them to the simmering water.
- Take 8 Tbsp. of Miso paste into a bowl. Add some warm water and mix allowing it dissolve into a soupy consistency and add to the water mixture and stir.
- Cut the Tofu into 1 inch square cubes. Add to the miso soup mixture.
- Chop carrots, celery, scallions and add to miso soup mixture.
- If using fresh ginger and turmeric, chop very small and add to miso soup mixture.
- Last but not least, turn of the heat, add dill and lemon juice. Enjoy a very healthy and hearty miso soup.
Sanivan Holistic Retreat in the Catskill region of New York offers an unstructured retreat getaway for guests needing a supportive environment to return to their own sense of wellness. Tetreats can be fully customized to meet your healing goals. Here are just a few activities visitors can enjoy: Healing spa treatments, good meals and great conversations, hiking, sauna, swimming, fitness and exercise, yoga, reading in our extensive wellness library, learning to cook, learning to dance, drumming, relaxing in our outdoor swing, walking in the meditation labyrinth.