Refrigerator Bran Muffin Batter Recipe
Even upscale resorts love this time-honored method of always having muffin batter at the ready. These muffins are a guest favorite on the breakfast buffet at Hyatt Regency Kauai.
Refrigerator Bran Muffin Batter
Courtesy of: Hyatt Regency Kauai Resort & Spa
Recipes: Breads and Muffins
- 4 cups All Bran or Fiber One
- 2 cups 40% Bran Flakes or Raisin Bran
- 5 level teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 5 cups flour
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 cup oleo (margarine)
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 cup raisins (if not using Raisin Bran) or dried cranberries
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 cups boiling water
- Add baking soda to hot water and let cool.
- Whip oleo (margarine) and sugars until creamed.
- Add eggs slowly. Mix well.
- Add flour, buttermilk, and salt. Mix Well.
- Add cooled soda water slowly.
- Fold the two bran cereals, raisins, dates and nuts together into mix.
- When ready to bake, portion out batter and bake at 350 for 18 to 22 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate unused batter for 6-7 weeks.