Quinoa and Lentil Stuffed Peppers
Quinoa and Lentil Stuffed Peppers are a perfect vegetarian supper for both cold and warm weather seasons. New Life Hiking Spa omits the Parmesan to make this an ideal vegan entree, too!
- 1 large red pepper cut into halves and de seeded (or two small peppers, de-seeded)
- 1/2 cup cooked lentils
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 4 oz. firm tofu
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 small carrot, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- Pinch fresh thyme and basil
- 1 tablespoon Grated parmesan cheese
- Saute onion, garlic, carrot and tofu.
- Add fresh herbs and continue to cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat and combine all ingredients except peppers
- Stuff pepper halves or small peppers with mixture and bake for 25 minutes at 350.
About New Life Hiking Spa:
Founded in 1978, and now celebrating 40 years of wellness hospitality, New Life Hiking Spa has been a pioneer in the destination spa industry and is nationally recognized as an affordable fitness and wellness destination. It offers seasonal hiking and weight-loss retreats in the Green Mountains of Vermont. All-inclusive stays include hiking, fitness, yoga, massage, accommodations, meals, and more.