Pumpkin Seed Pesto
Pumpkin Seed Pesto is a delicious variation on the traditional green pesto you may already love. Serve it over steamed veggies, drizzle it on a nutritious flat bread pizza, or float a spoonful in your vegetable soup. It is courtesy of the Executive Chef Sam Baker of Movara Fitness Resort in Utah. Sign up for the Movara Newsletter to enjoy tasty and nutritious recipes every month.
- 1 cup Fresh Basil
- 1 cup shredded Asiago Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Spinach
- 3/4 cup Roasted Garlic
- 1-1/2 cups Grapeseed Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 3/4 cups Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1.5 teaspoons Red Chili Flakes
- 2.5 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon Black Pepper
- Optional: Green Onions
- Begin by taking off the stems of the basil leaves.
- Add basil, spinach, garlic, water, lemon juice,
- pumpkin seeds, chili flakes, salt, pepper and cheese to the blender. Turn blender on and begin immersing oil into running blender. You may need to stop the blender and scrape down the sides of the blender with a silicone spatula to get everything mixed. Turn blender back on and continue mixing.
- Once pesto has a nice sauce consistency, turn off blender.
- Transfer to a 6” 1/6 pan. Cover in plastic wrap, date mark and label. Place in walk in.