Pritikin Mixed Berry Parfait – 100 Calorie Dessert
For a simple and absolutely delicious dessert, serve this Mixed Berry Parfait. Your dinner guests will be shocked when they hear it’s just 100 calories per serving. You can use frozen berries and mangoes instead of fresh — but be sure all of your fruits, if frozen, are no-sugar added. The award-winning chefs at Pritikin are masters at showing people how delicious healthy eating can be, and this recipe is always a hit with guests.
- 1 cup raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup mangoes diced, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup sour cream, fat free or use plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Splenda To taste
- 4 sprigs mint for garnish (optional)
- In a saucepan, add raspberries and blueberries, and cook over low-medium heat until berries are thickened and softened, about 10 minutes. Stir regularly. In a separate saucepan, cook mangoes the same way. Remove fruit from heat and allow to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whip together sour cream and vanilla extract using a wire whip until smooth. Add Splenda to taste.
- In martini or parfait glasses, layer with berries, then the sour cream mixture, then the mangoes. Chill. Serve garnished with a sprig of fresh mint.
Read why we don't include calorie counts for many Pritikin Recipes
The Pritikin Eating Plan is proven in more than 100 peer-reviewed studies to have life-saving benefits like lowering cholesterol and blood pressure. Plus, you aren’t losing your mind while losing weight. There’s no calorie counting, no hunger. Just plenty of healthy, whole foods deliciously prepared, like the recipes shared with Spa Index. Pritikin was the first comprehensive lifestyle program in America, and after 39 years on the cutting edge of lifestyle science, we are still the longest-running, most successful program for reversing many of modern society’s health concerns, including obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes. More than 100,000 people worldwide have come to Pritikin Longevity Center, in Miami Florida, for one-week programs, two-week programs, or longer. For some, the primary goal is losing weight. Others want to prevent and address health issues. Still others seek the ultimate spa-health vacation. Everyone leaves feeling better and, best of all – living better.