Pritikin Citrus Fennel Mango Salad
This Pritikin Citrus Fennel Mango Salad is proof positive that healthy food can be as enticing to the palate as expensive red wine! You’ll love this recipe’s complex blend of citrus zest, licorice-flavored fennel, tropical mango, and fresh cilantro.
- 1 fennel bulb cut off and discard stalks, trim bottom of bulb, remove tough core
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red onion peeled
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 orange
- 1 mango
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple juice concentrate undiluted
- 1 garlic clove peeled, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons stone ground mustard no salt added
- Wash fennel bulb and halve. Slice thinly. Place into large mixing bowl.
- Wash peppers, quarter, and remove seeds and membranes. Slice thinly and add to bowl.
- Thinly slice red onion and add to bowl.
- Remove ends, skin and seeds from orange, grapefruit and mango. Slice and add to bowl. If using cilantro, add to bowl.
- Place red wine vinegar, apple juice concentrate, garlic and mustard in a container with a tight fitting lid. Shake until thoroughly combined.
- Pour dressing over fruits and vegetables and toss.
The Pritikin Program promotes weight loss but also enhances health, and powerfully so. A stay at our all-inclusive weight loss resort, Pritikin Longevity Center in Florida, will change your life. Lose weight, get fit and return home with the tools needed to live a healthier life.