Pineapple Olive Oil Dry Skin Facial
This pineapple facial is an excellent exfoliant for dry skin. The citrus fruit contains bromeliad, a protein-digestive enzyme which helps rid the skin of dead cells and dirt. It also counteracts histamines, has anti-inflammatory properties, and is a mild astringent. Olive oil has excellent healing properties and is a good source of vitamin E, which restores the skin’s surface.
Use only the highest quality cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil — it should go without saying that bread dippers and flavored oils ought be left on the shelf. Reach for the good stuff!
- 4 large pineapple chunks -or-
- 1/2 cup canned, drained pineapple (100% fruit, no added sugar)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a blender, combine the pineapple and oil and blend until almost smooth.
- Apply mixture to face with fingertips and leave on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse face with warm water and pat dry. Do not store.