Low Fat Orange Maple French Toast
Orange Maple French Toast is perfect for a special breakfast or brunch. Grated orange peel provides a real depth of flavor and with the maple syrup, it’s just sweet enough to feel indulgent. It’s simple but so good, and a guaranteed crowd pleaser! Top with real Vermont maple syrup or a very light dusting of confectioners sugar, yogurt, pureed fresh berries for sauce, or combination of these.
- 4 slices of regular sized sandwich bread or 8 smaller slices ciabatta or French bread
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 1 tablespoon Vermont maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon orange juice, if desired
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- Vermont maple syrup, yogurt or fresh berries
- Mix eggs, milk, maple syrup, orange peel, orange juice and cinnamon in medium bowl. Pour mixture into rectangular glass baking dish, 11 x 7 x 1 1/2 inches. '
- Coat both sides of bread slices with egg mixture; soak until saturated.
- Spray griddle with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat.
- Cook bread slices about 2 minutes; turn. Cook about 2 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Serve 2 regular slices or 3 smaller slices per plate, with Vermont maple syrup, yogurt or fresh berries.
About Green Mountain at Run
For 40 years, Green Mountain at Fox Run in Vermont has helped thousands of women achieve permanent weight loss and enjoy being healthy at any size. We address the whole woman – mind, body, and spirit. You’ll make lasting changes and take home effective strategies for continued success.