Orange Basil Balsamic Vinaigrette
This salad dressing by Rancho La Puerta is a lovely citrus vinegar and oil recipe perfect for your summer salads, fish and seafood. It combines orange juice, oil and vinegar and wonderfully flavorful herbs — basil, cilantro, and thyme. If you are not a fan of cilantro, substitute parsley — the other herbs are flavorful enough to make up the difference.
- 8 ounces freshly squeezed tangerine or orange juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 small shallot, peeled and minced (1 tablespoon)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced (1 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 large leaves fresh basil, chopped (1 tablespoon)
- 6 sprigs cilantro, stemmed and chopped (1 tablespoon) cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- One hour before serving, whisk together all ingredients.
- Taste for salt.
- Serve immediately over greens.