Non Fat Chocolate Sauce
“Serve this chocolate sauce over fresh fruit, a frozen dessert, or a slice of bread. It will satisfy your most intense chocolate craving.” — Rancho La Puerta
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon strong brewed coffee (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk, coffee, and cornstarch and stir until the cornstarch dissolves.
- Stir in the cocoa and brown sugar and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring, until the sauce thickens and is no longer cloudy.
- Set aside to cool. Use when cool or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
If you do not have any brewed coffee, dissolve 1 teaspoon of freeze-dried decaffeinated coffee granules in 1 tablespoon of water.
By the Numbers
Serving size: 1 tablespoon | Cal: 31 | Fat (g): 0 | Carbs (g): 6 | Protein (g): 1