No Sugar Added Nine-Grain Pancakes
Built before the turn of the century, the Yardley Inn and Spa in Manti has all the warmth and charm of an old English Country Inn with European-style Spa Amenities. Elegantly furnished with antiques combine the convenience of today with the ambiance of yesteryear, but updated with an intimate spa, outdoor garden, library, fitness room, and solarium. These pancakes made with nine grain cereal are a guest favorite.
- 3 eggs
- 1 - 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 - 1/2 cups of flour mix (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Separate 3 eggs, reserving both the yolks and the whites for this recipe.
- In a blender, whirl the buttermilk, egg yolks, and oil.
- In a deep bowl, mix the flour mix, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Gently add wet ingredients to dry ingredients to form a batter.
- Beat the 3 reserved egg whites until soft peaks form. Do not over beat - your whites should slide out of the bowl, instead of cling as stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the batter.
- Pour portions of batter onto hot, greased griddle and sprinkle with raw, shelled sunflower seeds. Griddle until done to your liking.