Green Valley Mushroom Soup
This Green Valley Spa recipe for Mushroom Soup can easily be made vegan by omitting the skim milk and replacing it with soy milk or veggie broth. With either version, however, you’ll taste the mushrooms, and not the inside of a tin can. This is not a thick soup, although sometimes we like to puree it for a silky version. We find we need to season it to taste with fresh herbs (thyme is particularly good in the Spring), as this soup is quite basic.
- 6 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups sliced white mushrooms
- 2 1/2 cups sliced portabella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Jensen's Protein Seasoning*
- 1 12 oz can of evaporated skim milk
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- In a six quart pot, bring water to boil with mushrooms and seasoning.
- Turn down heat and simmer mushrooms on very low heat for 45 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk milk and cornstarch until combined.
- Stir milk into soup and gently combine, and whisk gently until thickened. Serve.