Mountain Trek Roasted Vegetables with Miso-Lime Dressing
The right food combinations at the right time of day can create high energy and metabolic levels. Mountain Trek chefs and nutritionist together create meals that work, including Mountain Trek Roasted Vegetables served to guests for dinner. This delicious recipe is perfect in fall when winter squash comes available, but also for a summer meal outside. Take advantage of your spring and summer harvest and swap out any of the vegetables for ones you prefer.
- 2 cups cubed jewel or garnet yams -- trimmed and chunked
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts – trimmed and halved
- 2 medium zucchini – sliced
- 1 medium eggplant – sliced and quartered
- 3-4 young, thin carrots -- scrubbed and trimmed
- 1 onion -- peeled and quartered or chunked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 teaspoons miso paste
- 4 tablespoons of 3-6-9 oil
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss yam and Brussels sprouts with olive oil and salt, and bake in oven on a roasting pan until tender.
- Add remaining vegetables to the pan and stir to combine, and then spread out.
- Continue to roast until all veggies are tender and caramelized.
- Whisk lime juice and miso together, and add 3-6-9 oil.
- Place cooked vegetables into a bowl and toss with dressing to coat.
- Serve with freshly ground black pepper.
3-6-9 oil is an omega-fatty-acid rich blend of flax, sesame and sunflower seed oil, available on Amazon and in health food stores Substitute a light oil if you have it.
Mountain Trek uses chickpea miso, which uses chickpeas in place of soybeans. If you can find this at your local health food store, by all means try it as the Lodge serves it!
Mountain Trek has two beautiful locations to welcome guests who seek wellness adventures. The first is nestled above a pristine mountain lake in a private secluded setting in British Columbia, Canada, and the second is hosted at Rancho La Puerta, in Baja Mexico, North America’s longest running destination spa resort.
At Mountain Trek we care about your wellness and vitality, and this includes delicious, nutritious food. Under the guidance of our registered dietician, our approach to food is clear and simple. Healthy spa cuisine does not need to sacrifice flavour to save on calories. We believe in fresh, organic, healthy, power-packed – and delicious – meals and snacks.
We are delighted to share some of our guests’ favorite entrees with Spa Index readers and welcome you take a tour of our website to book your next wellness retreat.