Mountain Trek Gluten Free Cinnamon Granola
The right food combinations at the right time of day can create high energy and metabolic levels. Mountain Trek chefs and nutritionist together create meals that work, including this Mountain Trek Gluten Free Cinnamon Granola served to guests for breakfast. This delicious recipe is perfect for breakfast because it’s easy to make and can be stored for weeks.
- 2 1/4 cups rolled oats (certified gluten free)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Mix grains, nuts and seeds together on a large baking tray
- Combine remaining ingredients together in a saucepan and heat briefly
- Pour over nut/oat mixture and toss well to coat
- Bake for 45 minutes until lightly toasted. Stir every 15 minutes to brown evenly
- Cool before storing in airtight container
Mountain Trek has two beautiful locations to welcome guests who seek wellness adventures. The first is nestled above a pristine mountain lake in a private secluded setting in British Columbia, Canada, and the second is hosted at Rancho La Puerta, in Baja Mexico, North America’s longest running destination spa resort.
At Mountain Trek we care about your wellness and vitality, and this includes delicious, nutritious food. Under the guidance of our registered dietician, our approach to food is clear and simple. Healthy spa cuisine does not need to sacrifice flavour to save on calories. We believe in fresh, organic, healthy, power-packed – and delicious – meals and snacks.
We are delighted to share some of our guests’ favorite entrees with Spa Index readers and welcome you take a tour of our website to book your next wellness retreat.